COME

"Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD...He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." Micah 4:2

Monday, April 28, 2014

READING a little deeper...

This weekend, in order to fight JET LAG from my recent Malaysian trip, I entertained my mind by creating BUTTONS for a list of book reviews found on the internet about Mesu Andrew's latest book, In the Shadow of Jezebel.

Fifty-seven reviews were posted about this biblical fiction book, in the Mesu Andrew's BFF group. I read many of their posts and hunted for a specific quote that revealed a little snippet about the story and also summarized their review. Then, I took that quote and matched it up to my understanding of lifestyle Christianity in our modern age of Grace. Some of the quotes were best used to characterize the author, Mesu. I think she revels in God's attributes and His Truth as she prepares and researches the treasures hidden in the true stories of Old Testament characters.
I enjoyed reading this novel and doing my own review about it on my blog, but these other reviews refreshed my mind on many of the scenes and characters that impacted my own thoughts during my reading. Many biblical passages came to my mind which re-enforced the truth God offers us through faith in Jesus Christ. 

These caused my meditations to reflect on the Grace of God which placed me securely in Christ for all eternity. 
My heart was full of gratitude as I re-read Romans 3:21-24 and heard again God's declaration 
              "Not Guilty"...

Nothing but thanksgiving and praise can I give to such a loving God. I am overwhelmed that on top of all His Grace and Mercy, he chooses to use His justified children as Ambassadors in this world. He makes His appeal through us as we implore others to be reconciled to our holy and loving God.  
              

No comments: